Uups it is already autumn and not much has been published.
That doesn't mean we havent't been busy.
- We did check the modules and plugins.
- We developed a build system which creates a release on one click for all components
- We had a look on some slideshow liraries to include them
Actually we do replace the slideshow "...Parth..." with a jquery version as first step to J!4x
The development team run up one and the other alley for the next release. We began with changing the site gallery code to the form of J3x and found the task too big to be done within time. We stumbled over the fact that the actual version provides a system to install own gallery views and own slideshows. So these systems were explored and improved to some degrees.
Actually we are following two goals.
- Improve Html output to use J3x bootstrap
- Add second gallery template and second slideshow
Therefore we are copying some new created code in master branch to actual code which will lead to a smaller change for the next release.
So the master branch got out of tune and will be put to the side soon. Actuall improved branch is b_release_4_4_2
As the goal of Drag and Drop Uploading is finished the development changes now to the front end side.The code will be rewritten to match standard J3x behavior so user can override layouts by them self. So old css layouts shall still exist. Parallel we will add new responsible layouts which can be swlectet as menu or in modules and plugins.
We will keep in mind that a transition to J!4 is due shortly. Sadly the change to J!3x is the basis for this. For J4x we may or better we are willing to throw out ild legacy code.
Currently i am working on the revision of the complete documentation.
Some parts must be updated to match the latest version of the software.
Ok, some parts may still be unclear when I'm done, but in general it should cover the backend pretty much
The next develop step may be the move of the configuratio to the standard place in Joomla!
The work of the last year is ready.
The upload of files in the backend got revisited and re-coded
* It is now possible to upload files with drag and drop.
* You may turn or flip the image afterwards
A matching documentation will follow within the next weeks on https://rsgallery2.org
1. Select an existing gallery
2. Drag and drop a batch of files into the drag area (tried more the 40 at once)
These will be uploaded and assigned to the gallery which needs time.
3. If you want to annotate text or change the titles then you can press button "Add image properties"
A window with all actually uploaded images will appear where you can change the title and description
The images can be turned or flipped there also.